Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, December 09, 2005

Catching Up..

The best thing about my job is that it allows me to relax for a couple of months which lets me stay in touch with my friends. The past week or so have been spent catching up with schoolmates, having heart-to-heart talk with close friends and meeting new people.

The immaturity of a group (introduced by a friend) of 25/26 year old men, or rather boys, initially amused me but gradually frustrated me. I know they are very nice people. However, at times, their simpleness was too hard to endure. Their inability to take point blank hints and take intiatives amazed me. Their lack of interest in their surroundings can be really scary. No wonder everyone stereotypes people of this occupation as 'no-lifers' or boring.

A good friend of mine gave me a piece of advice which got me seriously thinking. I'm tempted to give it a try but I'm afraid of ruining everything. There are certain burning questions that I want to ask but somehow, I can't summon enough courage to do so. Sigh, the only solution is to leave things as status quo.

I have so many things to do but I just can't get myself started. Have been procrastinating too much. It doesn't help that my maid has returned home to spend Xmas with her family. Maybe it's about time that I start learning how to perform simple household chores. I started off with cooking lunch for my family last weekend. Nothing sumptuous, just Maggi Mee together with ingredients such as fishballs, vegetables, yong tofu and chicken breast. Quite a feat for someone who hardly steps into the kitchen. I'm glad I didn't create a mess in the kitchen. Hopefully I would be able to whip up some simple dishes in the following weeks to come. At least I can claim to have accomplished something this holiday.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Cherub said…

    cook for me! ur good friend is hungry!! :P

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger takchek said…

    The no-lifers, are they engineers? LOL

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger Cherub said…

    wah takchek!
    this type of thing u know i know can liao....:P
    no need to say out the category out so blatantly...:P

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger The Aspiring Chef said…

    Hiaz, my attempts to hide their true identity failed miserably.

    I just realised I sound a bit harsh on them. Let's just say they are rather pure people. But I stress again, they are really very nice people.

    Bestest friend, you can try my cooking if you are not afraid of getting diarrhoea.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Cherub said…

    chey, u think i'm like you meh...so weak. muahahahhahaa.

    wah got 口福 liao....
    hahaha.

    er. i like abalone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home