Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Last Session..

It's amazing what five sessions with the kids can bring about. Yes, I'm glad that the actual teaching sessions are over. I can't believe it but I actually miss the kids already. I'll never forget the way Ah Xue, the defiant girl, walking out of the backdoor, turning back, winking, smiling, waving and saying goodbye to me. I'll also treasure the dinosaur picture that one of the male students drew for me.

The proudest moments for me during the whole five sessions are the way I handled the roudy boys under my charge and getting Ah Xue to do her work in class. I'm surprised that Ah Xue even bothered turning up since she didn't seem interested to participate in any of the activities in class. Not sure why but I seem to have an affinity with Ah Xue. Despite chiding her repeatedly during the first session, she actually listened and did what I instructed her to do for the subsequent lessons. When being asked by my other friends to complete the task, she would refuse to do the work, prefering to sleep or walk around the class.

For the first time since I started teaching, I actually gained job satisfaction. What an irony. I had plenty of job dissatisfaction during the 4 months of contract teaching. I wonder whether the reason is the change in my mindset or the kind of students that I teach. Maybe it's a combination of both after all.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger KArE_frEe said…

    Hi Woman,
    yes, i can see that you're growing more and more fond of ya job..and you're liking the kids more and more...I'm happy for you!

    Hope this fire in you continues to shine brightly and spreads to more and more kids, even as you're now studying, and all the way till you teach after graduation...

    I'll pray for you..Jia You!

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger The Aspiring Chef said…

    Haha, better not speak so soon. I may start disliking them once the real teaching of classes of 40 begin. Thanks anyway :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home