Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Too Fast..

I dislike rushing into things. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't accept to meet up with someone I hardly know. But the person is someone of relation which is why I find it hard to turn him down. I don't want to be labelled as 'rude'. This would not only reflect badly on me and my family, it would also make things extremely awkward in future. Hence, under those circumstances, I gladly accepted to meet up.

It was a little uneasy at the beginning. After a while, things weren't so bad. But as usual, the topics revolved the same old matters. I didn't like the part where he described his Final Year Project. Maybe I shouldn't have pretended to sound interested in the first place. As a sign of courtesy that I was listening attentively to each and every word of his, I kept nodding my head. Hiaz, common sense should have told him: would an Econs grad really be so fascinated with electronics, programming and such?

The only consolation was that we had some common interests, which kept the conversation flowing. That was also the prime reason why I agreed to meet him. But things didn't turn out as fairy-tale like as I expected. On the whole, he behaves, speaks and looks like a typical engineer. I should have known that in advance from the way we corresponded. Oh well, as usual, pinning too high hopes will only lead to disappointment.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wah, dating huh...:) Arranged date by family?

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger The Aspiring Chef said…

    :)

    Not really 'arranged date'. Exchanged email add through a family member and the rest was left to us. Of course he was the one who initiated everything. haha.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good. Jia You! haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home