Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, February 10, 2006

Home Visit..

I'm getting exasperated. Is it so hard to come straight to the point instead of beating around the bush? I hate things which are leading no where. I dislike converstations which are left hanging in the air. Anyway, I've given up on that particular person. Perhaps that person is just not fully cognitively developed yet.

Visited a Home yesterday. This particular home was set up to help troubled youths, especially teenage girls with complex family backgrounds. It was a humbling experience at least for me. The 20 of us were brought around the home to look at the living conditions and the facilities that were available. Ironically, this particular home was once a hostel stayed by many scholars and foreign students from my secondary school. In fact, one of my 'idols' and another classmate used to stay there. Anyway, as a form of respect to the girls in the home, we didn't intrude into their rooms. If we did so, it would be a classic example of the term 'zoofication', which by the way is a geographical concept.

Finally see some light and usefulness in what I'm learning in school now. But I'm still procrastinating too much and have totally no urgency in school-related work. It doesn't help that my modules are non-examinable. Another reason could be that I've already learnt some of the stuff that I'm currently touching on. I'm glad I took life span development and english in NUS. At least I don't have so much reading up to do compared to my other peers. And more importantly, I don't feel like a lost sheep in class because my tutor doesn't spoon-feed us.

My slack life is coming to an end pretty soon. My full time-table will set-in once the one week break is over. Sigh. Better enjoy all I can now before I get overwhelmed with assignments and lessons. One good news though. The July intake (approximately 1000 students) will be going for their practicum soon. This implies that I'm almost guaranteed of a free parking lot regardless of what time my lesson starts once they are gone. No longer need to go earlier to 'chop' for a free lot or pay $3 at the pay car park. Not sure why can't they make all the car parks free. After all, besides staff and students of NTU/NIE, who in the right mind would want to come to such an 'ulu' place to park?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Cherub said…

    supply and demand :)

    as long as someone can fork out the $3 for the parking, someone will take it.

     
  • At 2:21 AM, Blogger The Aspiring Chef said…

    Yeah, but it's a matter of having no choice. Nobody would risk parking illegally on double yellow lines or parking in front of other vehicles in the free car parks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home