Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, December 16, 2005

Dancing Show..

Was watching the last episode of the 9pm show on channel 8. Some stupid dancing show starring Jeanette Aw, over-the-hill Hong Kong artistes and some dancers/actresses/actors/ang mohs roped in from China, Africa and god knows where. By the way, it's the first time I'm watching this crap show and by the first five minutes of the last episode, I could figure out what happened for the past 29 episodes. It's also the first time I'm watching a Mediacorp show in a decade. The last complete show that I watched was produced by TCS. The cast included Sean Say, Ivy Lee and her fellow Star Search finalists.

Anyway, since I didn't watch the past 29 episodes, I can't comment much about the script. The acting skills by the artistes were so terrible that it became amusing after a point of time. It also gave me goose pimples. I was practically laughing throughout the whole show until Mr Lim commented that he thought I was watching a comedy. Jeanette Aw's acting was a real disappointment. I finally understand why she can't rise up to the Ah-jie status. Based on her performance, I thought she just freshly graduated from acting school. Or rather, I thought she was a dancer and have had no previous acting experience. Her acting was so raw and expressionless. She displayed the wrong emotions at the incorrect moments. She was no different from a flower vase. As for the actors (I don't even know their names), I absolutely loathe it when they frequently inject a few phrases of English here and there. What in the world were they trying to do? Sound hip?

The lack of talent in the local scene is leading to the death of the entertainment industry. Since Fann Wong, I've yet to see someone in the media with the X-factor. Besides looks and style, what I'm more concerned is artistes with decent acting skills. Turning to Hong Kong stars, even those who often play supporting roles can act a thousand times better than our fellow Singaporeans. Perhaps Mediacorp should look into polishing up the acting skills of their entertainers. If they do not possess the natural talent to act, I'm sure some proper training would aid a great deal. And I wish Mediacorp can recruit some fresh faces. All the current new actresses look as if they are from the same clone. The typical Singaporean actress: petite, girl-next-door look, boney, looks mal-nourished. Mediacorp should start pulling up their socks or maybe do a major revamp. With shows of calibre like the dancing show, it's no wonder that everyone is now turning to Korean and Hong Kong dramas.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Cherub said…

    no only that, the "dancers" almost flew across the stage and performed some gravity defying moves such as 1 girl on top of a guy.

    wait... tat sounds bad.

    i mean the girl with 1 hand, upside down on the palm of the guy lah!

    didn't know dancers nowadays know kungfu.

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Blogger The Aspiring Chef said…

    They know qigong... The show is ridiculous lah.

    I can't still stop laughing whenever I think of that female African dancer. haha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home