Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Holiday Post..

Rog lost yet again to Nadal. Rog's only chance for a Grand Slam is Nadal's absence from the French. Poor Rog. Stupid Nadal. Rog's manager cum girlfriend is putting on too much weight. She seems to balloon each time I see her. It's perhaps a timely reminder for me to eat less and exercise more for fear that I may end up like her.

The month long holiday is coming to an abrupt end. It actual fact it is only a two week holiday in which I was down with a cold/sore throat for a week. So in my boredom at home, my laptop became my best friend. I actually felt weird staying at home on weekdays. For the past half a year, I've only been home on average at 5plus. Was initially not used to hearing Granny's naggings and complaints but after a while I got accustomed to them.

Met up with my nie buddies and was quite surprised to hear that one of them had broken her bond and has since started a new job. Another was highly stressed while the other two are still hanging on pretty well. I guess it really depends on one's character and mindset. Anyway ktv was a semi-disaster for me as I could hardly breathe properly and still nursing a sore throat coupled with occasional sneezes, singing was almost impossible. The only consolation was that it was ladies night so the charges were much cheaper. I don't know why but suddenly ktv seems boring. It might be due to the fact that I've not been keeping up with latest songs so I end up singing the same few songs till I'm sick of them. Another factor perhaps is the company or my reluctance to open up to them and vice versa. I get bored easily if I'm with people whom I'm not close to.

The recent HK drama serials are finally of high standard. Lawyer show is funny yet touching. I look forward to it every weekday night. 9pm show is too not bad but I'll make do with watching the repeat telecasts. Local drama serials still can't compete with HK dramas. All the new actresses look similar and the shows aren't funny at all. Not sure whether it's because Singaporeans lack humour or they are too sensitive to take sarcasm.

Now that my cold/sore throat has finally recovered, I'm going out with a vengeance. GSS has started a month back but I've not contributed to the Singapore economy. But I suspect in the end I'll just window-shop and come home empty-handed as always. I'm more than willing to splurge on food and accomodation but stinge on tangible goods. I'll rather spend on buying experience than branded goods which do not value-add my life.

In other news, property prices keep escalating. At the current rate, I can only afford a slum. Brother is lucky to have gotten his unit last year just before the property craze started. His new place is almost ready with most of the furniture and electronics already up. It's amazing what renovations can do to a place. When he bought over the unit, it was lifeless and dull. Now it seems almost brand new and I'm absolutely in love with his tv and toilet. Yes, I'm obsessed with toilets which is the main reason why I love posh hotels.

That's all for now. Though work is starting, I'm still in a holiday mood. Wonder how I'm going to get out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home