Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wedding Bells..

An ex-colleague will be getting married soon. I'll be attending his ROM this weekend. It's a shot-gun marriage. He's proud that his girl is pregnant. I almost dropped my hp in the middle of the lecture when I read the sms. I really don't know what to say. I feel embarrassed for the poor girl. But then again, who am I to judge others? Different people have different values. I shouldn't use my own morals and principles as a yardstick for others. Anyway, I'm still contemplating how much to give. Don't really feel like going actually but I'm curious to see the whole ceremony. The only person who I really know that will be attending the ROM has been avoiding me like a plague in school. I really didn't expect guys to have such thin skins. Anyway, I guess I shall remain as Miss Anti-Social throughout the whole lunch buffet. Socializing is such a freaking chore.

If nothing goes wrong, I should be attending 2 family weddings next year. I'm certain there would be more to come, especially from friends and colleagues. I heard from a reliable source that a secondary school friend of mine would be tying the knot at the end of this year. I'm excited for her even though we've kind of lost contact for years. And there's another secondary school friend that got married approximately 3 years ago? This means she was 21 years old. I almost freaked out when I heard that. I think I couldn't even take care of myself at that age. I was still a spoilt brat living off my parents while mugging (hmm, too strong a word actually) for my exams. My cognitive level was probably at age 10 then. And I suspect it hasn't grown much now. Btw, her husband's hen-pecked nickname on friendster is really hilarious. I can't stop laughing even as I'm typing now.

Judging by Mr Lim's working hours, I can't help but wonder whether it's worth slogging for the monthly pay of 4k. Even though we live under the same roof, I think the last time I saw him was last Saturday morning? Btw, it's Thursday today. Come to think of it, I can't even remember when was the last time we had dinner together. I finally understand the reason for the influx of ex-lawyers joining NIE. Money vs Quality of Life. Actually, the money isn't really that fantastic if one does some simple mathematical calculation. A pay of $6 per hour for a lawyer? I'll rather work as a part-time receptionist then.

Ok, it's time to meet my basic needs now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home