Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mixed Fortunes..

Martina Hingis is back. But it's obvious that she does not possess the weapons to lift another Grand Slam crown. Despite being a little stronger than she was just before she retired from the game, it is still not enough. Kim Clijsters outclassed her in every department yesterday. Being the best strategist in the game doesn't signify anything. The power game in ladies' tennis is here to stay. Sad to say, Hingis will always be around in the later stages of Grand Slam tournaments, but to win them, she would have to rely on her opponents rather than herself.

Rog had a relatively stroll in the park against Mario Ancic yesterday. Next up for him? Nemisis Nalbandian. All the hype has been surrounding the much anticpated final between Rog and Nadal. Everyone seems to have forgotten that Nalbandian too owns a winning record against Rog. It will be a tight match. Rog will need all the luck and the support of the crowd to pull this off. On the other side of the draw, Nadal will be too strong for his opponents. Few would bet against him being in the final on Sunday.

Had a haircut yesterday. It probably knocked some sense into me. Just realised how ridiculous it was for me to stage a 'silent war' with a particular someone. Whatever his decision, I will respect it. He's just being objective. I just have to come to terms with the fact that at some point of my life, he would inevitably move on with his own life.

I never felt that meeting someone would be a chore. I hate people who pressurize me to come up with a place and time to meet while we are on the phone, especially when it's the tennis Grand Slam season. I'm sorry but Rog takes precedence over everything. Frankly speaking, I'm just coming up with excuses. If he ain't related to Barb, I seriously wouldn't even have bothered. Maybe I shall be mean and not accommodate to his time. I don't like it when he sounds so domineering and not give me a choice. Typical MCP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home