Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Hong Kong..

Hong Kong trip was good. Besides coming back with an extra lugguage filled with clothes, a pair of shoes and gifts, I've also returned with a refreshed and recharged mind. The latter is the reason why I love travelling. It makes me feel fortunate. Furthermore, it makes me realise that I'm just a tiny soul on this planet. It also reinforces my dislike for people who loves to indulge in self-pity. If you think you are the most miserable and pathetic person on this earth, just think of the millions of others who struggle to make ends meet.

The most satisfying thing about this trip was my ability to read maps and signs to navigate successfully from one place to another. Who said females can't read maps? I'm a living example. Haha. Asking was out of the question because I neither speak nor understand a word of Cantonese. Getting Barbara to ask was pointless because we would get vague answers like "go straight, turn left, walk through the tunnel, turn right." Even if those that we asked gave accurate answers, somehow or other, the meanings would get lost when translated by Barbara to me. Anyway, I dislike relying on others. I would rather find the way myself.

This trip has also made me realise what I want in life and particularly, my significant other. Choosing the one is not akin to buying clothes, which can easily be disposed of when it has worned off or when one is sick of it. So far, no one has managed to give me the sense of security and trust that I need. And I absolutely cannot tolerate guys with selfish behaviour. Yes, people tell me I'm choosy. But I think I'm just being discerning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home