Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, June 12, 2006

Lost Again..

After a strong start to the match, Rog completely lost his focus and subsequently succumbed to the Spanish bull. I'm sore at the way he lost. The Spanish bull did not win the match. Rog simply threw it away himself with the ridiculous number of unforced errors. His backhand totally deserted him. Oh well, it's all over now. No point sulking over it. It's impossible to win forever. Life still goes on.

Accidentally found the shop that had shifted out of my neighbourhood shopping centre a couple of months back. Before shifting, the shop assistant told me that it will be relocating to Marina Square. But since the revamp of Marina Square, I still can't find it. Reason? The brand name is still the same but the shop name has changed. The friendly and familiar shop assistant looked at me from head to toe and commented that I slimmed down. Haha, that really made my day. Not sure whether she was trying to entice me to buy their products or what. Anyway, I replied that it was because she had been seeing me in over-size t-shirts and shorts whenever I patronised them back at the old shop at my neighbourhood. I stepped out of the shop empty-handed but I'm happy that I finally found back my source of working clothes. It's ironic that when one tries so hard to find something, one always can't find it. On the other hand, one always finds something when one least expects it. Cliche as it sounds, at times, certain things should be left to fate.

Came up with a buying list for my trip. The items consist mostly of birthday presents for my dear friends, which all concidentally fall in June/July or November/December. Recent meeting ups with my decade old friends have left me feeling very grateful for them always being at my side. My decade old girlfriends are independent females who are not the sticky kind. Although our meet-up sessions have lessen considerably due to our busy work schedules, we are fine with it. Somehow or other, we seem to be able to read each other's minds without having to say out explicitly. And due to our similar background and shared experiences, we can speak freely and not be accused of being class-conscious spoilt-brats. I find it very labourious to have to mince my words and think twice before speaking to my own friends. We throw in sarcastic and cynical comments with the intention of spicing up conversations knowing that they are not meant to harm anyone. Furthermore and more importantly, we know that the contents of our conversations are kept to ourselves. Certain matters should be kept private and we trust each other to keep our mouths shuts without having to constantly remind each other. To me, being truthful and knowing how to keep private affairs confidential are the most important factors in a friendship. I would lose faith in anyone who is pretentious or/and gossipy.

In other news, he hasn't made up his mind after all! Looks like he'll heed the advice given. Keeping my fingers crossed while waiting for the other party's response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home