Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Posting..

Received my school posting over the weekend while I wasn't at home. Coincidentally the same thing happened during my previous posting. Barb had the honour of ripping apart the letter once again. So I was posted to a neighbourhood school. I kind of expected it as eighty percent of the schools in Singapore are neighbourhood schools. The odds of getting into a non-government aided school for a second time were slim.

Although my practicum school was an autonomous school, I wasn't particularly impressed with it. My practicum school just didn't live up to my expectations. Perhaps the reason was that I myself came from an autonomous school. Up till now, it disturbs me that the principal doesn't enforce any kind of discipliniary action when 90% of the students do not sing the national anthem or recite the pledge. His rationale was that the problem was prevalent 20 years ago. If it can't be rectified then, what can be done now? I find his rationale totally absurd. The fact that the students show little respect to him and the teachers doesn't surprise me at all.

Overall, I'm not too disappointed with my posting. I should have no complaints since it's only 6km away from my house and this time round, there are at least four people who are posted together with me to this school. Perhaps the relevant authority has realised how mean they were to me on the previous two occasions, leaving me as the lone-ranger in a totally new environment (not that I really minded actually). Anyway, I've heard a couple of horror stories from ex-students of that school. Ironically, I've heard positive remarks from ex-teachers. A matter of different perspective? It doesn't matter which school I get into actually. Afterall, students are all the same. It's the colleagues and the overall school environment/culture that really makes a huge difference.

In a totally unrelated note, I'm thoroughly pissed with someone who borrowed an expensive (costs more than 2k) item from me and doesn't show any intention of returning. In fact, he has been blatantly ignoring my messages. Absentmindedness is totally out of the question as the item is so freaking big that there's no way he could have missed it. I attribute it to the fact that he doesn't have integrity or perhaps his teachers didn't teach him CME. The One thinks otherwise. His theory is that all guys are jerks and that he's still sore about a particular matter which I shan't mention here. Morale of the story? It really doesn't pay to be kind. I can only blame myself for being naive into believing that he had no other hidden agenda when borrowing the item from me. I absolutely loathe people with no integrity. No use being so freaking intelligent when you seriously lack values.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home