Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Birthday..

Unlike previous years, I had someone special to celebrate my birthday with this year. The celebration took place the night before my birthday, at a restaurant which provided a stunning view of the skylines of Singapore, as well as sumptuous food and champagne to go along. The ambience was excellent but what's more important is the company - The One. Although we had no photographs taken then, the memories of that day will forever be etched in my heart. Thank you darling, for making this my best birthday ever.

I love being a tourist of Singapore. Indulging in fine dining, lazing on the sofa at hotel lobbies looking at others tourists checking-in, strolling hand-in-hand with The One along Orchard Road/Esplanade absorbing in the Christmas atmosphere, happily snapping away pictures of Singapore icons and ironically getting other tourists to take pictures of us, heartily consuming greasy local delights at hawker centres, checking out for cheap deals, exploring unfamiliar routes, taking cable car rides etc. I never knew that Singapore's view at night was so breathtaking. I never realised that our tiny island has so much to offer. With the wide array of entertainment, the beautiful sights and the right company, I'm contended to stay put here during this long vacation before I embark on my "journey" next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home