Swiss Miss scales the Swiss Alps

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Work Updates..

It's been a loooooooooong time since I blogged. Working has made it impossibe to do so. Working isn't that bad actually. Whatever extra time I've is reserved for sleeping so that I feel refreshed the next day to handle my clients and perform my job to my best ability.

It's been more than 1.5 years since I stepped into this company. I am grateful for the the opportunities presented to me this year as I have learnt a lot in the first 3 months compared to the whole of last year. Things that I learnt included planning, working with colleagues, time management skills, learning to prioritize, writing reports, observing and mentoring my juniors etc. Funnily, none of them has to do with my core business and ironically I did enjoy the whole process despite my numerous grumblings and complaints. I basically take pride in my job and when asked if I could improve on any aspect of what I've done, my answer is 'nothing' because whatever I am tasked to do, I've thought through it thoroughly before embarking on my task. In the midst of doing all the tasks which are not anything to do with my core business, it did set me thinking whether I was in the right profession. But after the whole major event was over and when it was back to 100% to my core business, I actually missed my clients and felt that I should have done more for them. I really loved being with them and assisting them when they needed help. Basically, I love it when they gave me notes of appreciation. Judging by the notes and presents received this year, I can say that I have definitely improved as a person and in my job.

As the year comes to an end, I have been presented a major responsibility. Initially I was excited upon the opportunity presented and was secretly pleased. It goes to show that the managment does recognise my potential and my capability. But as time goes by, I realise this responsibility is seriously too huge for me to carry. I think I would prefer to hone up my skills first in my core business before taking up other roles. My first three months have taught me that working with my clients are definitely much easier than dealing with adults and I am seriously not experienced and mature enough to handle the latter.

The Big Day is just approximately a couple of months away. Most of the major details have been more or less settled. The Significant Other is glad that my job has been keeping me busy from rushing the external vendors and obsessing over the minor details.

Ok, back to work. Just needed a place to rant about my job and to practice my writing skills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home